Sunday, November 22, 2009

I'm Diving In

After more than a few promptings since I started making jewelry, I've finally decided to take the plunge and throw my designs out there. I've been going back and forth between being super excited and really nervous. Most of the time I'm excited though.

There are a few things that I'm waiting on before I start listing items and "open" the shop:

One, is an order of supplies that will help me stand out from others when customers receive their purchases in the mail.

Two, is reviews from about four people whom I sent jewelry gifts to. I sent them on Thursday, so they should arrive soon. Hopefully, I can coerce them to take some photos of them modeling the jewelry. That would be fun.

Third, and most importantly, I want a few items for people to look at. I have about five right now. I'd like at least ten to start with. It will still feel like I don't have much up, but its a start. After that, I can and probably will, add items as I create them.

So far in this little venture I have discovered that my camera does not like taking close-up photos, I am not very tech-savvy at all, and working out of my in-laws house is a bit of a pain with having to set up and tear down every day.

Someday, I will have my very own room all to myself to design and create in. Until that day, I'm not letting circumstances out of my control bring me down.

Here's hoping for a swift delivery of those packaging supplies and many brilliant design ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment